Shoalhaven City Turf Club (ABN 28-001-627-532) (“SCTC”)
SERA Country Championship Qualifier Super Sweep (“The Sweep”)
1. The promoter of The Sweep is the SCTC of Archer Racecourse, 96 Albatross Road South Nowra 2541.
2. The Sweep is a game of chance and not skill and will be conducted randomly by a barrel draw.
3. Rules on how to enter The Sweep form part of these General Terms of entry. By entering The Sweep or accepting a prize, entrants agree to be bound by these General Terms.
4. Entry to The Sweep will be refused or disqualified on or after the date of The Sweep if an entrant does not comply with these General Terms. The SCTC reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and disqualify any entrant for tampering, or attempting to tamper with the entry process.
5. Board members, management, and staff of the SCTC and Racing NSW and their immediate families are not eligible to enter The Sweep.
6. Persons licenced with Racing NSW are not eligible to enter The Sweep.
7. The SCTC’s decision in relation to any aspect of The Sweep is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. To be eligible for The Sweep an entrant must be on course at Shoalhaven City Turf Club on Sunday, 14th February 2021 and must fully complete and submit (in the barrel provided), an entry form in the prescribed format. Entrants must be 18 years of age or more on the day of The Sweep.
9. The Sweep entry period commences when the SCTC gates open on Sunday, 14th February 2021 and closes at 3.30pm (AEST) on that day. The Sweep will be conducted by representatives of SCTC and scrutinised by an independent scrutineer provided by Racing NSW.
10. At the end of The Sweep entry period the SCTC will combine all valid entries, and will randomly select from the entry barrel the number of ‘entrants’ that correspond to the number of horses starting in the SERA Country Championship Qualifier (each a first draw entrant) until all starting horse numbers have been allocated.
11. The SCTC will attempt to notify each first draw entrant who has been allocated a horse in the SERA Country Championship Qualifier by way of the mobile phone number that they submitted in the entry at approx. 3.50pm (AEST) on 14th February 2021.
12. Each first draw entrant will be confirmed with the allocation of the relevant horse to that entrant on the SCTC notice board located near the Secretaries Office at the SCTC.
13. Each eligible entrant will be required to provide valid and current identification in order to confirm allocation of their horse number or at the time of claiming of their prize.
14. If the allocated horse of an eligible entrant places first in the official placings the SERA Country Championship Qualifier, as determined after correct weight has been declared, that eligible entrant will be the first-place winner of The Sweep and will receive a cash prize in accordance with these General Terms. Prizes will also be awarded to those eligible entrants that were allocated the second, third and all other horses.
15. The intended prize money in AUD for the winners of The Sweep is:
a. 1st place=$3,000
b. 2nd place=$1,500
c. 3rd place=$500
The maximum retail value of all prizes in The Sweep is five thousand dollars ($5,000).
17. In the case of a dead heat for any placed horses in accordance with the official placings the relevant eligible entrants allocated the relevant horses will share equally the prize and prize money will be payable as per these terms.
18. In the case of a scratched horse, the relevant entrant will not be entitled to any redraw.
19. The Prizes will be paid to the Winners in accordance with Clause 15 by direct deposit to the Winners nominated bank accounts within 7 days of the date the Winner is identified. The Prize will be paid using the BSB and account number nominated by the Winner, and the SCTC will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of any error in that deposit.
20. If a winning entrant does not comply with these General Terms and is disqualified, the SCTC will be entitled to retain the intended prize for its own purposes.
21. All entries become the property of the SCTC. Entries not completed in accordance with the conditions of entry or received after the closing time will not be considered. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be disregarded. No responsibility is taken for late or misdirected entries.
22. An entrant must not enter The Sweep on behalf of any other person or accept payment or other compensation from any person to enter The Sweep.
The personal information collected is collected for the purposes of conducting The Sweep and for future SCTC publicity, marketing, and promotional purposes. An entrant’s personal information will only be used or disclosed by the SCTC for these purposes. Entrants agree they may be filmed, photographed and/or interviewed and that their names and images may be used by the SCTC, its sponsors and other third parties for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes unless the winner otherwise notifies the SCTC at the time of accepting the prize.
25. If for any reason the SERA Country Championship Qualifier is not capable of running as planned, the SCTC will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend The Sweep.
26. If any act, omission, event, or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the SCTC and which prevents the SCTC from complying with these General Terms, the SCTC will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the SCTC reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
27. The SCTC’s decision in relation to any aspect of The Sweep is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered.
28. These General Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and entrants agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.