Shoalhaven City Turf Club is firmly committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website, to the responsible use of the information we collect, and to maintaining compliance with privacy legislation.
What information do we gather
Shoalhaven City Turf Club will not collect any personal information about visitors to our website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided. Examples of such information are Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (see below), names, telephone numbers, email address and any other relevant contact details which can be used to identify you. Once consent has been provided, we may also collect information about the use of our products and services, any preferences that we are told about, or other information that is submitted voluntarily to us.
Where you have provided Shoalhaven City Turf Club with your contact details (for example, by making an enquiry on the Shoalhaven City Turf Club website), we will keep a record of your Internet Protocol (IP) address as part of our opt-in & opt-out management processes.
Why does Shoalhaven City Turf Club collect this information and how do we use it?
The personal information referred to above is used for the following purposes:
- so that we can communicate with you in the manner requested by you in accordance with this Privacy Statement;
- to provide customers/visitors with information about a specific requested product or service.
- to send you relevant updates that may be of interest to you;
- to register you for specific events; and
- for compliance with applicable laws and protection of Shoalhaven City Turf Club’s legitimate business interests and legal rights.
Whenever you supply us with personal information on this website, we will always clearly state the purpose for which the information is being provided.
The legal basis for our processing of your data is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in improving our website, our goods and services, and our interactions with you.
If, at any time, you
- no longer wish to receive communications from us,
- you wish to withdraw your consent to our holding your personal information, or
- you wish to change, update or remove all or any of your personal information,
please contact us by calling 02 4421 4550 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of personal information
Shoalhaven City Turf Club will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from customers or visitors to our websites.
- our staff (including employees and external consultants), professional advisors and agents;
- third party service providers which process your personal information on behalf of Shoalhaven City Turf Club and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your personal information confidential and appropriately secure;
- purchasers, or potential purchasers, of all or part of our business (and their professional advisors)
Additionally Shoalhaven City Turf Club may be required to disclose your personal information to government authorities, regulatory agencies and law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Retention of your personal information
Once you have provided your personal information to us, Shoalhaven City Turf Club will keep your personal information safe until it is no longer needed or you instruct us to do something different with it.
You are entitled to ask Shoalhaven City Turf Club for a copy of your personal information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organisations. You may also have rights to object to our processing of your personal information and, where we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, to withdraw this consent. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement or compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal information.
Changes to the policy
Shoalhaven City Turf Club will update this Privacy Statement as required. If changes to our policy do occur, they will be posted on Shoalhaven City Turf Club’s website so that those affected are always aware of the type of information collected, how the information may be used, and under what circumstances and to whom it may be disclosed by Shoalhaven City Turf Club.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site uses Google Analytics to track website performance. No personal details of users are shared via this tracking.